How should I describe this part which looks like a small gear so that I can research replacements?

image of a pulley

This came with my FLSUN 3D printer, which may be based on a Prusa design.

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Not sure I understand your question. It's the driven gear for the belt which either drives the X-axis or Y-axis depending on to which drive motor it's attached. Is that what you're asking? $\endgroup$ – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Jun 27 '19 at 23:15
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks I just realized how unclear that was. I was asking the product name of this part. So that I could do my own research and find where to purchase a replacement. My 3D printer kit was missing one. $\endgroup$ – K Mmmm Jun 27 '19 at 23:19

This is a timing belt pulley.

Specifically, is a GT2 timing pulley, 2 mm pitch (between teeth), 6 mm wide. The drive diameter is measured by the number of teeth (16 in this case) , the shaft diameter (bore) is measured in mm.

The 'GT2' part refers to the tooth profile, some other examples are shown half way down this page.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ More specifically, it is a 16 teeth GT2 timing belt pulley. $\endgroup$ – 0scar Jun 29 '19 at 6:48
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks. I didn't think to try and count them.. $\endgroup$ – Sean Houlihane Jun 29 '19 at 22:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.