Recently I had this problem where I needed to change filament from PLA to PET-G or similar. And... filament jam. After playing around with different settings and speeds and still getting the same results I had to clean everything. And again during a print, it jammed.
I brought a new nozzle, heating cartage, Teflon (PTFE) tube and some additional components(fans, new wires and so on) but still was the same. Now I'm waiting for a new set of hotend Mk8Design Needed kit.
A week after the order and still waiting, I played with retraction a little. By default, it was set to 0.8 mm on Sli3er but I had set it to 4-6 mm because it gives the best results and no stringing. I changed it again to 1.5-2 mm and... no more jamming at the cost of getting stringing. I'm using PLA which I never had experienced strings before.
So, in summary, the problem occurs due my retraction setting. Either I have to live with strings and no jam problems or no strings but jamming problems during printing.
Have someone had same problem as me? How did you fixed it?
- Printer AlfaWise U30(bowden type) but it's no longer the same.
- Motherboard: MKS 1.4 Gen A4988 + DRV8825 Stepper drivers(no problems here)
- PID(Autotune), Calibrations and so on done correctly.
- Firmware latest marlin 1.1.9 (Tried bugfix but the same)
- Sofware for slicing PE Sli3er (Tried Ultimaker Cura with same model and same problem)