You may want to use this code to test all the electronics before installing any of the suggested firmwares.
I'm planning on:
- Flashing the test firmware onto the Arduino Mega 2560, then unplugging it from the USB.
- Connecting RAMPS 1.4
- Connecting all 3 jumpers under the X-Axis (leaving the other jumpers disconnected).
- Connecting a stepper driver to the X-Axis on the board.
- Turning the trimpot down all the way, and then back up 1/4th of the way.
- Plugging in 1 NEMA 17 motor to the X-Axis.
- Connecting 5A DC input into RAMPS 1.4 (not plugged in).
- Finally plugging it in and seeing if the motor moves for 5 seconds.
Now my question is, if I'm going to do this to test out a single NEMA 17 motor, do I need to comment out the rest of the test code before loading the firmware?