- Printers: Sidewinder X1 | Prusa MK3S
- Extruder: Stock(Titan clone with volcano clone hotend) | Stock
- Nozzle: 0.4 mm
- Filaments: eSun PLA+ | 3DFillies PLA+
- Slicer: Cura 4.6
- Firmware:Marlin 184.108.40.206 (Manual Mesh Bed Leveling,S Curve Acceleration,Linear Advance,Junction Deviation)
- Firmware Settings:
Recv: echo: M92 X80.12 Y80.12 Z399.78 E425.50 Recv: echo:; Maximum feedrates (units/s): Recv: echo: M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z12.00 E120.00 Recv: echo:; Maximum Acceleration (units/s2): Recv: echo: M201 X1000.00 Y1000.00 Z500.00 E10000.00 Recv: echo:; Acceleration (units/s2): P<print_accel> R<retract_accel> T<travel_accel> Recv: echo: M204 P500.00 R500.00 T500.00 Recv: echo:; Advanced: B<min_segment_time_us> S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> J<junc_dev> Recv: echo: M205 B20000.00 S0.00 T0.00 J0.06 Recv: echo:; Home offset: Recv: echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00 Recv: echo:; PID settings: Recv: echo: M301 P14.11 I1.16 D42.77 Recv: echo: M304 P244.21 I45.87 D325.08 Recv: echo:; Linear Advance: Recv: echo: M900 K0.15
- Printed from USB Stick.
- E-Steps calibrated
- Flow calibrated
- Bed warped(low in the center) but with manual mesh bed leveling calibrated until my BLTouch arrives.
At first I assumed it was related to linear advance, however, decreasing it did help it reintroduced bulging corners. Then I noticed the geared extruder clicking(only sounded like vibrations caused by fast print speeds) during the Linear Advance retractions/deretractions. I then tried significantly lowering the max extruder feedrate/acceleration/jerk (jerk wasn't actually listed in the
M503 but I still tried sending the G-code to change it) in firmware, which did stop the clicking (skipped steps?) but not the under extrusion. Also im curious what the "Jerk Contol" settings in Cura actually do since I'm using junction deviation and if I should be using the lower values(0.02-0.1) that junction deviation calls for over the higher(5-30) ones that classic jerk does.
Things I have tried:
- Filament path clear
- Filament idler tension increased/decreased
- Temp: 180-205 °C
- Speed: 45 mm/s(25 mm/s Outer Walls)-125mm/s(75mm/s Outer Walls)
- Flow: Increasing slightly helped but lost dimensional accuracy which I need a high as I can get
- Retraction:0.05 mm-1.5 mm
- Retraction Speed: 20 mm/s-80 mm/s
- Combing, Wiping and Coasting: on/off
- Changing filament colour
- Changing filament brand
- Cold pulls
- Lowering Linear Advance(helped but reintroduced bulging corners)
- Junction Deviation: 0.02 - 0.08
- Seam: Expose seam(seemed to have the largest effect overall (but only on the calibration cubes,the reciever seen above also has the expose seem option enabled see:https://imgur.com/gallery/dRjptkp)
- Using PrusaSlicer(Couldnt establish any worthwile comparisons as something unrelated was causing major issues and my MK3 is currently out of order, see:https://imgur.com/gallery/WxJs2Qk)
Im fairly certain it is a Cura specific setting causing this and not any physical failure,however I have tried so many troubleshooting solutions with little to no progress so at this time I am welcoming any suggestions(even if already listed above).
Cura settings with more examples: https://imgur.com/gallery/vKgr72w
My apologies if this seems like a raw data dump, I have mental troubles with explaining things.