I want to write a couple of very simple G-code test cases in Marlin-Style to make sure my printer works properly. The idea is to test the movement system, then the end-stops, then the heating and ability to hold temperature. But Marlin already runs large, so I can't spare too many lines in the basic setup, if I want to integrate it into the firmware.
The test I have in mind is this order of operations, covering the basis of each axis and the thermal control:
- The printhead shall move up 20 mm, then right and forward the same.
- the printhead shall home.
- the printhead shall rise again by 20 mm.
- The preheating shall be done (50°C bed, 180°C head).
- The printer shall do nothing for 2 minutes.
- The printer shall cool down.
- Beep twice to signal that the test is concluded.
What is the best way to set up such a test code in the least amount of lines? Did I forget a crucial test command?