I replaced my CR-10 motherboard with no problems and ran fine for a few weeks, then decided to add a BLTouch. BLTouch was enabled from the
config.h during compile.
I had heating issues at first but eventually figured out I had the thermistors plugs swapped on the motherboard. In the past, I never used start and stop G-codes because I only printed printer upgrades off of Thingiverse while learning to print. My prints weren't starting until I learned more about G-codes and added
G29 to my Cura start codes.
I tried a piece that I've printed before because I knew it worked ok. I preheated the bed and nozzle first, then started the print. The
G28 initiates and homes, then the
G29 does the 9 point bed leveling, then just sits there and does nothing.
BLTouch behavior during the process
- BLTouch moves to "home" from center, with probe up and red light
- With the light still remaining red, BLTouch goes back to the center
- The BLTouch light turns blue once at the center, and drops the probe and lowers until probe touches and the light turns red
- Then raises again and the light turns blue, lowers again until probe touches bed then the light turns red again
- The light stays red and raises Z axis a little - and stays at center, still red
- The probe stays at center and red until reaching preheating temps
- After selecting file the probe moves to 9/9 points, with probe raised and blue light (drops probe and lowers until touching and turns red, then raises and turns blue)
- Once the last probe location is checked, BLTouch is still red and temperature settings from project file are set and heating starts
- The setpoints of bed and nozzle are reached (successfully heated)
- After heating, the setpoints switch to zero and temps start dropping towards the zero set point (cooldown) and never moves after that and shows status "Stopped"
Pronterface - manual attempts
I connected through Pronterface so I could see the exact details.
When I run a
G28, from Pronterface:
- It goes to lower corner and is still red
- Returns to the center, probe drops and turns blue
- A few seconds later it drops until touching the bed and turns red
- Raises up again and turns blue, then drops BLTouch again until it touches the bed and turns red
- Then raises up again, but stays red this time
- I get an error in Pronterface "Stop called because of BLTouch error - restart with M999".
After it levels 9/9 points1, Pronterface shows a BLTouch error, the printer display shows print stopped, and the bed and nozzle setpoints had changed to zero. They both had already started cooling. I kept the start code simple just enough to get the print going.
I have no idea what the BLTouch error is but just that it caused two temperature settings to go to zero. Any help would be great!
1 The 9/9 points I'm referring to is when I run
G29 and my config has 3x3 grid option selected so the
G29 probes 9 points total with the BLTouch.