Here's an idea of what's going on. This is a picture of the progress during the first layer:
Printing a simple calibration square, and as you can see, my X-axis is not moving like it should. I turned my speeds down from 30 mm/s to 5 mm/s and this is the result.
- Printing starts after homing and proper temperatures have been reached.
- Starting from lower left, printing starts, filament pushed out.
- X-axis motor is told to move, but it doesn't. Takes 0.5 seconds to think about the given order and only then moves. By now, a smudge of filament has been pushed into a blob at the start corner but the move is executed at a proper speed. Reaches "destination" and stops moving. This has resulted in too short of a face for X-axis.
- Y-axis receives the order to move and does so properly. Lower left corner is done properly due to Y axis moving instantly.
- Y reaches it goal destination, X receives orders to go to left. Lags behind, filament pushed out creates a smudgy corner due to lag. Reaches "destination" (lag is the same so it creates a regular pattern)
- Y receives orders to go back to start coordinates and does so.
And this can be seen on the diagonal lines. Y moves constantly, X lags behind so it creates those vertical lines.
No idea what's causing this and causing a bit of a headache.
Things I've tried:
- Slowing down
- Adjusting belt tension
- Different COM port
- Printing from SD card
- Tightening the pulley teeth onto the stepper motor
Getting this far was already a pain and now I'm kinda stuck.