I have an Ender 3 v2 and just installed the Ender Extender 400XL and a new BLTouch. I need to modify firmware for the new dimensions of 400x400x500 mm for the new kit.
I changed all that and it seems to find the physical end stops, I haven't tried printing yet.
But the BLTouch is an issue, at first it refused to move down as the pin was always up, so I changed:
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING to
false. Originally, the probe would tricky and stick to a triggered position. when changing it the true the probe now deploys but that's it.
But, now when using the leveling feature it goes to the X an Y physical end stops, then goes to the middle of the bed, a few inches from the bed, doesn't do anything else and the software freezes.
I can't figure out why its locking up and why the Z wont move.
I tried using a Marlin firmware 2.0 for Creality Ender 3 v2 and I also tried a custom one for an Ender 3 v2.
What happens now: If I use auto home it hits the Y and X end stops perfectly, go to the center of the bed the pin drops and retracts several times but the Z axis never moves.
If I try to use the leveling function the same happens, it gets to Z, the probe drops and retracts, Z never moves but then the software locks up completely. I have to power cycle the printer.
Note, If I take the original firmware from https://www.creality.com/download it works, as expected. But of course it has the wrong dimensions as it is expecting the standard bed size not the XL Upgrade!