Printer: Ender 3 Pro - Direct drive, BLTouch, stock magnetic print bed surface
Material: PLA - multiple brands
- Layer Height .2 mm
- Initial Layer Height .1 mm
- Line Width .4 mm (with .4 mm nozzle) and also tried .39 mm
- Wall thickness 1.2 mm (3 lines)
- Hot End 210 °C
- Bed 60 °C
- Print Speed tried between 40 and 100 mm/s
- Retraction Distance 6 mm speed 25 mm/s
- Print Cooling- Initial 3 layers 0 %, then 100 %, also tried 50 %
I designed this in Tinkercad and sliced it with Cura for the Ender 3 Pro. When I print this specific shape at this size the outer wall does not print properly, there are large gaps and it does not bond to the rest of the model so it just flakes off as soon as you handle it. I can print other shapes fine- see the color swap example that was printed with the same settings successfully before AND after this series of failed prints of the same design. Sometimes I get a clean first 15 layers then it goes to crap, and cleans up for the last 10% or so. If I scale it down to 50 % it prints fine, but it will NOT print properly at full scale.
The infill and inner walls seem fine, but the walls are definitely not air-tight with what is left.
Looking for more things to try and troubleshoot, so please send me your ideas!
Troubleshooting steps so far:
- Re-downloaded the files and resliced with all new settings
- Adjusted the print speed, wall line width and fan speeds
- Tried multiple PLA types and brands