I do all my "clean up" work in MeshMixer to prepare the models for printing, and while exporting to STL works great for printing on my home FDM printer I haven't been able to get color files exported.
My current workflow goes as follows.
- Export raw model (OBJ) from 123D Catch or ReCap.
- Open model in MeshMixer v10.10.170.
- Remove unnecessary parts of the model.
- Export model as OBJ, OBJ with per vertex color, or VRML.
- Zip model and exported texture files and upload to an online service.
The file in MeshMixer looks great, but ends up with either jumbled or nonexistent textures when it's uploaded to an online service. I'm guessing I'm exporting the file wrong for 3D printing, or possibly that I need to do some post-export editing to make everything line up correctly.