I've captured a stationary spinning object in a computer game. It's semi translucent and there are stationary objects behind it.

As I expected it did not convert using Autodesk's remake. It gives no explanation other than 'Error'. I obviously can't paint the object. Are there any techniques in Photoshop that will let me manually fix the images to reduce the translucency?

Any other program that might produce a mesh from images? The game objects can't be extracted via any other program I've tried.

  • $\begingroup$ Did you mean to post this in 3d printing? $\endgroup$
    – StarWind0
    Dec 25 '16 at 2:22
  • $\begingroup$ The intent is to 3d print the result. I'm not sure anyone without 3d scanning/printing experience would understand what I need to do. $\endgroup$
    – Jay
    Dec 25 '16 at 15:14
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Hi, @Jay! You question does fall somewhere in between several sites here on Stack Exchange. Do you think Photography or Robotics perhaps could give more feedback? $\endgroup$ Dec 31 '16 at 13:34
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Regarding your actual question: is it so that you have several individual photos captured from a spinning game object? If so, could something like photomodeler perhaps do the trick? $\endgroup$ Dec 31 '16 at 13:38
  • $\begingroup$ I captured a video stream of a floating spinning crystal. I was then able to extract and crop individual frames. The autodesk online site is unable to work with translucent or shiny objects. Unfortunately this is both so it failed. I suspect photomodeller will have the same limitations but thanks for the link. I'll try it $\endgroup$
    – Jay
    Jan 1 '17 at 1:34

I found at least 2 online pages that'll create a 3D stl from an image, basically using intensity (brightness) to determine depth.

selva3d.com and embossify.com

I used it with success on a binary (black or white) image, at least.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.