I have a Tronxy X3 (i3 Clone) running Repetier firmware on a Melzi board.
I would like to share the printer over my home network so that:
- Both my boys and I can use the printer. (We have separate Windows 10 PCs)
- I can initiate a print from my computer upstairs
- I can monitor the print progress remotely
I have (and could use)
- A RAMPS board set that I could use to run Marlin.
- A Raspberrry Pi 1B
- An idle laptop I (might) be willing to use
What I want to know:
- Are you sharing your printer on a network, and if so, how long
- What Hardware and Software are you using
- What do you like most
- What do you find most annoying
- What do you want to change
- What is the interface (web interface, print driver, etc.)
- What services are provided (printing, slicing, monitoring, etc.)
- Can two computers access it at the same time Ex: To monitor, or still print if my sons forgot to disconnect
- What sort of monitoring is supported? Ex: camera?
- What runs the print job (G-code)