I just completed assembly of the Anet A8 and powered it up.
Powering up shows white blocks on LED and a series of clicking noise for about three seconds with flashing red LED. During power-up, the following happens:
- The side heat sink fans start (Blower fan remains off)
- LED comes up with all white blocks and buttons do nothing
- No motor moves in any way
- Motherboard show not light except a three-flash-red-LEDnear the corner (fan connector)
- Printer remains in the state
- Reset button only repeats the clicking sound + red flashing LED
The display of the Anet A8 now shows white blocks.
Any hints as to what could be wrong?
Update 1: The clicking sound is actually the blower powering up and then going off immediately after.
Update 2: I just did a blind flash to Marlin 1.18 and the firmware deployed successfully. Now, the boot sequence is almost 4 secs longer (previously, it was 3) and the clicking sound of the blower fan slowly spinning is replaced by a high spin-up of the blower. but after that, we are back to a dead printer with all whites.