After unboxing and setting up my brand-new Wanhao Duplicator i3 Mini, I can't seem to print. When selecting a model to print, the extruder does not heat up and the whole printer does nothing, yet the progress bar moves from 0 to 100 in a few seconds time (VIDEO LINK).
Please note that
- the extruder does heat up when adding filament and does extrude a small amount when adding filament
- the servos all seem to work, as the extruder moves around just fine when leveling the bed using the wizard
I have done the following as per the manual:
- Removed the cable ties which held the bed for transport
- Attached the spool holder
- Connected power and switched it
- On leveled the bed using the wizard multiple times
- Added a spool of 1.75 PLA filament as instructed by the manual/firmware
- The included SD card wasn't recognized, copied the files to a new one, which was recognized.
This is the link to the file I'm trying to print.
I have flashed the firmware as described here but it didn't change anything
I can print using the Wanhao Cura software and a USB connection. For the time being, this is an acceptable workaround.
The nozzle size is 0.4 mm