New answers tagged


Eco mode under settings shuts off the bed after a 30 minutes ish maybe an hour. Either way it is probably the issue


If it actually is residue from the material you were trying to print, pressed against the surface so tightly and so thin that you can't separate it, the best way to remove it is printing a new object on top of it, using the same material, with the bed properly leveled (i.e. not smashing the nozzle into it again) and with the bed and nozzle temperature high. ...


My guess is it's damaged print surface from the hot extruder mashing against the print surface. Your description seems to indicate that it isn't a layer.


I've solved this now. Here's the problem: // pins_MELZI_CREALITY.h #define SERVO0_PIN 20 // Wondering if this is correct? Funnily enough, it wasn't correct. Pin 20 is the Z MIN pin, as defined in pins_MELZI_CREALITY.h, and not the servo pin used by the BLTouch module. At 8:04 of this youtube video, he says that that value should be set to 27, "if we'...


I ended up changing the firmware from Marlin 2.0x in the BigTreeTech GitHub to the Marlin bugfix-2.0x in the Marlin GitHub. I also removed my Ender 5 from my Cura profile and added it again so it would reset any G-code I potentially messed up while tinkering. So far it is printing great.


Considering this printer is a Chinese designed and built printer, the most obvious choice for screws is metric system screws. These are most probably M2 screws; if you look at the screw heads (Allen key screws) the size with respect to the fan (40x40x10 mm => fan thickness is 10 mm) seem confirm the assumption (head height is 2 mm as seen in the image of ...


The bumps on the owl could also be your seam if it’s not overextrusion. I used to have that problem on a ton of my prints until I set the seam to sharpest corner or user defined. You can go to the Teaching Tech website to get some tips on how to fix some common problems or calibrate your printer. Good luck!


This mostly happens if the belt has very little tension, this will be the issue 90%, if not please comment below, I'll give you other solutions.


After hours of testing (which included reinstalling firmware, formatting various SD cards, and changing G-code and slicer settings), I did find a function to restore factory defaults and that did the trick. I'm still not sure how something wrong got stored in the memory but it did and resetting to factory defaults worked.


If the image is suppose to be a 20 mm calibration Cube when it comes out half the height, your problem is the steps per millimeter of the Z-axis, not the extruder. The object you printer is half the height it is supposed to be, so the bed isn't lowering enough and requires more steps. You should double the current value. If the bed doesn't lower enough per ...

Top 50 recent answers are included