It's not you - it's the printer!
The M3D Micro is not a very sturdy setup. The X-axis is a single pair of thin rods, hung up on a pair of similarly thin rods in Y and mounted on 3 very thin pillars in Z. While the idea is good, the execution is not particularly well: The rods are too thin and the design is virtually unchanged since 2015 and thus this review ...
Long story short: Try to replace the stock power supply.
We connected UPS between the printer supply and the wall outlet and the skips reduced to one/two per print.
We replaced the supply with random old used Mean Well SP-320 (zero care about the power panic feature, just plain 24V connected) and voilà: reference design passed.
Also few more complex designs ...
This is varying underextrusion due to loss of material to oozing in the interior of the model.
When printing the infill pattern, the nozzle doesn't follow a single continuous extrusion path, but moves from the end of one path to the beginning of the next, and under Cura defaults, does this without retracting the filament. This causes unpredictable amounts to ...
Unscrewing the mainboard enclosure and tilting it to allow better airflow like in the picture shown below. This is the same issue as many others.
I appreciate the assistance.
You mentioned a noticeable 'clunk' when it shifts, are you sure it isn't a physical obstruction? You said you checked that all axis run smoothly but are you sure you checked the full extents of the printable area?
Watch carefully when the issue happens, are any of the cables getting snagged on the machine or surrounding workspace? Check under the bed in ...
This is classic Layer Shift in the Y plane. This happens in one of three cases:
Belt too loose
Belt too tight
Bed movement hindered
The belt should ring and resonate when tapped, giving a nice tune. I haven't really tuned mines, but my ender3 (250 mm bed movement in total) has about a G major.
The bed movement should be, with motors off, easy and smooth. ...
Buried in a bug tracker entry for a seemingly unrelated issue, I found what seems to be the solution:
@johanmga, I've discovered the velocity jumps here come from using "classic jerk" computations, and happen whether or not s-curve acceleration is enabled.
Try uncommenting //#define JUNCTION_DEVIATION in Configuration_adv.h; that will disable classic ...
While I first experienced layer shifts a couple times before upgrading, only while using extreme acceleration settings (3000 mm/s² is fairly extreme for moving the bed), their regular occurrance, which is near-constant with some files, seems to have started after I upgraded the firmware to Marlin 1.1.9. Reverting to the manufacturer's firmware, with no ...